My husband and I often have these conversations about that one time. Well after we got Shadie life just got super busy and didn’t get to update everyone on everything we did. Here is one of those remember that one time…when Shadie ate a gallon sized bag of dog food!
We pretty much spent everyday at this beach. It was close to where we were staying and it’s HUGE. A few things about this beach:
- Free parking
- A lot more dogs at this beach than Del Mar
- Close to Downtown San Diego
- The water is shallow during high and low tide
- Part of it goes along the San Diego River
Here are some pictures at this beach!
This beach is beautiful! I mean what beach isn’t? We tried this beach first since we wanted to visit Del Mar anyway and drive through Torrey Pines. A few things to know about this dog beach:
- You have to pay for parking, about $3 an hour
- It’s next to a busy road and that somewhat worried me since I had no idea how Shadie would react at the beach
- The sand is sort of black and loves long fur. They both needed baths after
- It has plenty of running space if you go when the tide is low
- Perfect place to get your dog to love the water without giant waves and it’s pretty shallow
Overall we would definitely come back to this dog beach. Here are some pictures of our day!
We decided to take
our first ever trip to San Diego. We were so excited because San Diego is super doggie friendly but a little nervous because the drive is 10 hours. And with Shadie who is still a puppy. Here are some tips that we found useful on our road trip!
I often get asked how I like having two dogs. I always knew I wanted two dogs beacuse that is what I have always had. When we got Daze I had another dog, Buddy. She was a Maltese that I had since I was 8 years old. But when we got Buddy we also got her sister, Lucky. Unfortunately Lucky passed away a few years after we got her. So throughout my life I have always had two dogs. After Buddy went to the rainbow bridge Daze was never great with other dogs so that was always our worry about getting another dog.
I’m so sorry that I haven’t posted in a while. Life gets busy and especially with our new addition to the family!
This is Shadie
So this happened 4 years ago today.
Our wedding video!